A Paris Mule and splash of CBD, yes please! A Moscow Mule is a classic cocktail using vodka and ginger beer to make it simple and refreshing. The Paris Mule is very similar, just with a little twist. A Paris Mule uses citron vodka instead of regular vodka and fresh ginger along with the ginger beer. These small changes turn the typical mule cocktail into a new interesting and refreshing drink.
Can you mix CBD with alcohol?
Mixing CBD and alcohol is pretty safe but keep in mind – everything in moderation. Here’s how alcohol and CBD work together: since both help calm you down, you’ll likely feel a noticeable decrease in anxiety when you sip a CBD-infused drink. This makes a Paris Mule an inviting option to end your work-from-home day or say hello to the weekend.
A Brief History of the Moscow Mule
The Paris Mule is a variation of the Moscow Mule. The famous Moscow Mule was accidentally concocted out of a surplus of dead stock in a bartender’s basement. It all began in 1939 with the Head of Heublein & Brothers, John G. Martin who had an excessive stockpile of vodka after buying a Smirnoff distillery. Martin desperately wanted to convince American’s to drink Smirnoff Vodka. One of Martin’s friends had an abundance of ginger beer, a drink that many were uninterested in at the time. His name was Jack Morgan, owner of Cock ‘n’ Bull bar in Los Angeles. One evening the pair were fraternizing at the local bar, mixed the liquors together and created what is now know as the Moscow Mule.
CBD Infused Paris Mule Ingredients:
- 2 oz citron or Meyer lemon vodka (depends on preference)
- 1 oz lime juice
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger
- Ginger beer
- 1 tincture of Ojai Energetics water-soluble CBD
CBD Infused Paris Mule Directions:
- Start by grading ½ of a teaspoon of peeled, fresh ginger
- Then, add 2 oz. of citron or Meyer lemon vodka*, 1 oz. lime juice, 1 to 2 droppers of CBD, and the fresh ginger, to a shaker with ice.
*Using citron might require some form of sweetener whereas the Meyer lemon would not
- Using a small strainer, pour the contents from the shaker into a copper mug with fresh ice.
- Top with ginger beer and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have a recipe of your own we want to know! Share it with us by emailing info@OjaiEnergetics.com and follow us on Pinterest.
- History of Moscow/Paris Mule: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_mule
- History Factoid Hemp CBD: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/dining/moscow-mule.html, https://www.thrillist.com/culture/moscow-mule-origin-story.